- 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 t baking powder
- ¼ t baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla bean paste
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
1. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside. Place butter, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl and beat on medium high speed until mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add in salt and beat until combined. Add in eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
2. Turn off mixer. Combine sour cream and milk until smooth. Using a sturdy spatula or a wooden spoon, add in sour cream mixture and flour mixture, alternating in thirds. Fold in each rotation, beginning with the sour cream and ending with the flour mixture, mixing each rotation until just combined.
3. Fill cupcake liner two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
Banana Cream Pie Filling
- 2 small bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ salt