Saturday, November 21, 2015

Eleven Twenty One 20•15

If today had a ranking, it would be a 12. Beautiful day in Atlanta. I spent it productively, and explored a few new places. Ponce City Market was just as I expected if not more, I loved it. The industrial building, it was nice to walk through and be able to reminisce about what it was at one time. The history of Atlanta is so rich. And I, I get to live in the older more historic part. I've always wanted to live somewhere more historic, I love Savannah, very raw, and even the more refined city of Charleston. I feel like I finally get to experience where I've always wanted to live. Just a little history; from 1926-1979 Ponce City Market was a Sears Roebuck & Co. retail store, warehouse and regional office. The Atlanta regional headquarters was closely linked to Sears' efforts to capture the market of Southern farmers through the Sears agricultural foundation. The building continued to operate as a Sears regional office until 1987. In 1990 the city of Atlanta bought the building for $12 million with plans to put 2000 police and fire employees there. Twenty years later, the building closed its doors to the public in 2010. In 2011 it was then bought for $27 million by Jamestown, a private-equity group to start renovations with the goal of being the fourth nationally relevant food hall in the U.S., alongside of Pike Place in Seattle, the Ferry Building in San Francisco, and the Chelsea Market in New York. I truly believe that this is going to bring in many from all over, not to mention it's exactly what the downtown has needed! After leaving here, I decided to get a mani/pedi at Buff Nail Bar located in the Studioplex building off Auburn Avenue, in which was also featured in the October issue of Allure magazine. I also discovered it's a 5 min. walk from my place. Another win win! I had a great experience, and will definitely be back! After returning home shortly just to let my dog out, I decided I would put my heels on and discover some more of my neighborhood. I went to Krog Wine Bar. Very intimate cute little spot, great wines, and apps. After having just a glass of wine, I then walked to Krog St. Market to have dinner at The Cockentrice. The Ox Tail I had completely blew my mind, I didn't expect all the flavors to come together as they did. Not to mention a beautiful presentation. The meaning of the restaurant fits well with the atmosphere. Cockentrice- noun: One of the more fanciful and imaginative dishes of the Middle Ages, made most often by sewing a pig and a capon together to create a single creature, a "new" animal that would not only feed the masses, but amuse and amaze them as well. I definitely was amazed by this dish. Chef Kevin Ouzts presents a decisive menu utilizing the preeminent ingredients he's become known for at The Spotted Trotter. I must say, I'm really loving the restaurant scene out here. Impressively Superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment