Thursday, November 12, 2015

Izakaya

Meaning "I" (to stay) "sakaya" (sake shop), a type of informal Japanese drinking establishment that serves food to accompany drinks. They are casual places for after work drinking. Izakaya dining can be intimidating to non-Japanese with the wide variety of menu items and the slow pace. Food is normally ordered slowly over several courses rather than all at once. The kitchen will serve the food when it's ready rather than in formal courses like Western restaurants. Typically a beer is ordered when sitting down before perusing the menu. Delicately flavored dishes such as hiyayakko or edamame are ordered first, followed with progressively more robust flavors such as yakitori or kara-age, finishing the meal with a rice or noodle dish to fill up. This seems to exuberate my persona. In the sense that I love a casual establishment with great food and drinks, incredible atmosphere, a hidden gem to go after work for just a drink or two, being able to walk in a restaurant alone and to feel very comfortable in my environment is very important. But who doesn't love that? A niche that you can just go to and feel like you can call it "your place." It's always nice to go someplace by yourself and just relax! So I've discovered two Izakaya restaurants next to me... Two completely different atmospheres. One extremely casual and the other more casual upscale. I like them both for different reasons but I love how close I am to one than the other. One is perfect to go out with your friends and just have a great time, the other.. PERFECT place to go for date night. Both very small and intimate. Again, it all really just depends on your personality. I'm loving the discovering of all these great little restaurants in my neighborhood and I have to say it's always tempting to go out every night, enjoy all these little places that I'm sure a lot of people don't even know about. Why I love Atlanta. GREAT restaurants. Until next time! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment